Re: Okay, so no one watched the race...

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Okay, so no one watched the race...
From: ATWEDITOR@aol.com
Date: Mon, 5 Mar 2001 14:07:54 EST
From: ATWEDITOR@aol.com
Full-name: ATWEDITOR
Date: Mon, 5 Mar 2001 14:02:59 EST
To: rolindsay@dgrc.com

In a message dated 3/5/01 1:24:55 PM, rolindsay@dgrc.com writes:

<<    At the risk of alienating the whole list, I guess most
Listmembers would rather putter around in the LBCs
on the weekend than take a couple of hours out to
watch the pros compete.  >>

I'd love to see it.  When did you say it was coming on?
Seriously, Speedvision isn't on my cable lineup, and I watch little TV to
start with--teenage boys, work, cars, life, etc.  I do love to watch great
races, though in the US if it ain't NASCAR it is hard to find, and at weird
hours.  Last road race I saw pieces of was Lemans--especially the flying
Benz--but I got that 'cause I was in Paris at the time.
Being largely a freeloader on this list--sucking in more data than I can put
out--I hesitate to say this, but can we create a web alert function to give
time and channel of race coverage?  Is it even possible given all of the
outlets?

Jay Donoghue
72B
72B-GT