Re: Okay, so no one watched the race...

To: MG List <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Okay, so no one watched the race...
From: Steve Morris <smorris@en.com>
Date: Mon, 5 Mar 2001 18:49:31 -0500
On 3/5/01 1:36 PM, R. O. Lindsay  <rolindsay@dgrc.com> wrote:

>Hello Gang,
>   Did any of you watch the Australian Formula One
>Grand Prix last weekend?  I have not seen a single
>post about the race!  There was one post about the
>terrible accident with the corner worker -- but that is
>it.
>   At the risk of alienating the whole list, I guess most
>Listmembers would rather putter around in the LBCs
>on the weekend than take a couple of hours out to
>watch the pros compete.   I don't mean to be harsh.
>I just can't imagine motorheads not being interested in
>the pinnacle of motorsport.

Great weekend for watching racin for those of us with Speedvision. I
don't have Fox Sports, but I think I read that Speedvision has
*exclusive* rights this year, and I somewhere got the impression there
would be no coverage on Fox Sports.

In addition to (US Eastern times) Friday evenings F1 qualifying and
Saturday evenings F1 race, we had Grand Am racing at Homestead Saturday
afternoon with the ever popular James Weaver, and Sunday afternoon was
American LeMans Series racing.

I try not to miss any of these three series races or the Trans Am (I love
that black Jaguar XKR of Paul Gentelosi [sp]). The Grand Am and Motorola
Cup come to the Mid-Ohio Sports Car Course in June, and that is great to
walk the paddock with guys you see on TV (We were in the background when
Speedvision was interviewing a driver last year. First time on TV, and
It's Speedvision to boot!)

Not much of a NASCAR, CART, IRL, or drag strip fan, even though our
company is a big sponser of the orange Winston Cup car. While all my
friends were growing up reading about Big Daddy and Snake, I was pouring
over the exploits of Dan and Mark, Phil and Phil, and Sterling.

Steve

Steve Morris     Avon, Ohio
1958 MGA 1500    Red/Black
NAMGAR #5987     BuckAyes Ohio Chapter