RE: Brake Question...

To: <AGreenberg@aol.com>, <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: Brake Question...
From: "Larry Hoy" <larryhoy@prodigy.net>
Date: Sat, 12 May 2001 09:40:45 -0600
>I quickly realized that my brakes were dragging.  I jacked it up to see if the
>emergency
was lock-up...nope.  Plenty of fluid, nice peddle height etc
>Is there a check valve somewhere that is problematic?
>Any other ideas??

No check valve.

Check the brake pedal to see if it's returning properly.  I've seen "issues"
with the pivot
point of the pedal that causes binding and keeps the pedal from returning to
its full
height.  You'll know if this is the issue because the brakes become "un-stuck"
if you lift
the pedal up.

Replace the two front flexible brake lines as well as the single rear one.  As
one other
poster mentioned age sometimes causes swelling and breakdown of the inner
lining which
creates "valves" in the line.

Of course it's possibly a master cylinder.

Good luck.

Larry Hoy
Plan on attending the 49th Annual Glenwood Rallye
http://mgcc.org/glenwood2001/main.htm

///
///  mgs@autox.team.net mailing list