Re: Working on modern cars (was daily driver)

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Working on modern cars (was daily driver)
From: MGMagnette@aol.com
Date: Thu, 31 May 2001 11:46:20 EDT
I cannot work on modern cars due to a lack of information available on the
internet.  The "worlds most complicated car" according to a service garage
was my XJ-S, but I had no problem working on any part of that car myself due
to a list server call xj-s@jag-lovers.org  and an 800 page plain-english
repair manual available free off the internet written by a man named Kirby
Palm.  The MGB?  no sweat, I ask here.  But assuming my modern car (2001
Mitsubishi Eclipse Spyder) wasn't under warranty, I don't think I would be
able to work on it because there is no internet forum, and there are no
obsessed Eclipse fans who have memorized the size wratchet to use on a
certain nut...   I do believe however that there is plenty of information
about installing body kits and modifying the stereo system.
   Secondly my modern car requires less attention, and therefore I am less
familiar with it.  I guess if it broke more it would be easier to work on.

    John

///
///  mgs@autox.team.net mailing list