Re: Overdrive Swap

To: MG List <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Overdrive Swap
From: Max Heim <mvheim@studiolimage.com>
Date: Tue, 05 Jun 2001 12:40:59 -0700
I don't think that's the real issue, Lawrie (although Jack does mention
watching revs)-- it's when you leave the switch in the OD-on position when
you downshift out of 4th, and are tootling around in second. Then, say, you
are accelerating madly to merge, and when you pop it into 3rd (or 4th in my
case) with your foot to the floor, Wham! you're in overdrive, which
effectively kills your acceleration, not to mention being hard on the OD
unit. THAT's the point of having a light to remind you the OD switch is on
(especially when you've just added OD to a car you're otherwise used to).

--

Max Heim
'66 MGB GHN3L76149

///