Re: Overdrive Swap

To: Charley & Peggy Robinson <ccrobins@ktc.com>
Subject: Re: Overdrive Swap
From: "Andrew B. Lundgren" <lundgren@byu.net>
Date: Tue, 5 Jun 2001 16:05:16 -0600 (MDT)
I haven't noticed it this year, but I haven't been able to drive much, my
windshield is off right now, but last year, when it was hot out and when the
car was hot, the OD would not engage.  I let off the gas flipped the switch,
gave it gas, but still not OD.  I had the entire thing rebuilt before I
installed it last year.  (less than 1000 mils on it I would say) and when I
drove the parts car I took it from, it was always cold and always worked.

I thought maybe oil, I was running straight 30wt.  I switched to 20w50, but no
difference...

On Tue, 5 Jun 2001, Charley & Peggy Robinson wrote:

> Hi Andrew,
>
>   What makes you think the solenoid might be defective?  Maybe I can
> help, BTDT.
>
>   Cheers,
>
>   CR
>
> "Andrew B. Lundgren" wrote:
> >
> > So did you wire it to tell you when the overdrive is really engaged, or
>just when the switch is flipped.  I have some converns about my solenoid being
>defective and would like to monitor it closely...

///
///  mgs@autox.team.net mailing list