Re: Overdrive Swap

To: rolindsay@dgrc.com, mvheim@studiolimage.com
Subject: Re: Overdrive Swap
From: JERTIGGER2@cs.com
Date: Tue, 5 Jun 2001 17:44:40 EDT
rolindsay@dgrc.com writes:

> ."
>
>    The reason that I am curious about this issue is not because of OD
> but because I am planning to add A/C to my B-GT.  I intend to install a
> throttle activated switch that will turn OFF the A/C compressor <clutch>
> when at WOT (as the B doesn't need anything else robbing power when
> I need it most).  To avoid excessive OFF-ON-OFF switching, a delay circuit
> will be incorporated that will instantly disconnect the A/C when the
> throttle
> hits WOT and not turn it back on until 8-10 seconds AFTER the switch is
> released (driver lifts).   Many low power economy cars incorporate such
> a design.
>
> --

I did this with a Plymouth wagon I had many years ago, I used a vacuum
switch, break on rise of pressure, used an air diode (check valve) and a
.005" pneumatic restrictor in parallel with it. The check in one direction
gave instant response to the switch and the restrictor provided the delay
back on.

Jerry used to work on pneumatic temp controls Rein

///
///  mgs@autox.team.net mailing list