Re: Doing diagnostic work with a remote starter switch

To: MG Nuts <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Doing diagnostic work with a remote starter switch
From: Skye Poier <skye@ffwd.cx>
Date: Tue, 25 Jun 2002 12:01:08 -0700
Word on the street is Andy Drake said:
> The unit I bought is little more than a heavy duty push button switch and some
> aligator clips. No directions were included, so before I burn up my electrical
> system trying to use the thing, just where exactly on the starter do I hook
> this thing? I know there are a couple of terminals, I'm assuming one clip to
> the ground and one clip goes to the solenoid terminal?? Or maybe one clip to
> the battery and one clip to the solenoid terminal??

I haven't used one, but I think you clip one lead to the white-red wire
terminal on the solenoid, and one to an always-hot (brown) terminal on
the fuse block.  Ignition doesn't have to be on if you're just turning
over the car to adjust the valves, etc.  I suppose if the ignition were
on, the car ought to start.

Can someone verify this leap of logic from glancing at the wiring
diagram?

Thanks
Skye