Re[2]: Doing diagnostic work with a remote starter switch

To: Aeseeyou@aol.com
Subject: Re[2]: Doing diagnostic work with a remote starter switch
From: "Andy Drake" <adrake@mail.ru>
Date: Wed, 26 Jun 2002 19:30:49 +0400
Albert (et al),

I understand completely your position, and I've always tried to support those
who provided excellent service and support to "minor" types like us. In the
case of Moss, I've purchased nearly $2,000 in parts (a new interior, floor
pans, Weber carb setup, etc.) and equipment over the last year and ahalf from
them.

I agree, their service and support are great and returns have never been a
problem. However, for what I would consider "commodity items" that Moss
probably stocks not because they generate a huge amount of profit but because
they're useful when customers are placing a larger order, I'll go just about
anywhere. Would you really buy motor oil, regular air filters, wrenches and
jack stands from Moss? It's hard to justify ordering and then paying shipping
on that sorta stuff when (a) I'm pretty much done with my rebuild and have few
or no MG part specific orders to place with Moss and, (b) commodity bits are
vastly less expensive locally.

A wiring harness, dashboard overlay or engine rebuild kit? Those definately
would come from Moss in some way or another. I actually buy through my local MG
mechanic who's an authorized Heritage reseller and Moss affiliate. That way,
I'm supporting both Moss and the local mechanic who's offered far more hands on
advice than Moss ever has.

In the end, I appologize if a stray comment was misconstrued to mean "Don't
shop Moss when Harbor Freight has tools cheap!". Definately support Moss and
the other MG parts houses that keep our mark alive and vibrant. But at the same
time, I plan to economize where possible to keep my MGB on the road as long as
possible, which in the end, keeps the market larger and the community viable as
a whole.

Take care,

                          -Andy