Re: Optimal temperature, radiator cap, etc.

To: Larry Colen <lrcar@red4est.com>
Subject: Re: Optimal temperature, radiator cap, etc.
From: Charles & Peggy Robinson <ccrobins@ktc.com>
Date: Thu, 22 Aug 2002 15:19:16 -0500
  See below:

Larry Colen wrote:

> On Tue, Aug 20, 2002 at 09:52:20AM -0500, Charles & Peggy Robinson wrote:

  SNIP

> Why doesn't the engine run best with the same temp thermostat all year
> round?

   You left out some of my post.  I believe that it does.  However, YMMV
because our cars come in various configurations.  They also are in
various conditions.  That's why you'll get lots of opinions.  Some folks
put in Water Wetter(TM)  (G)  Others put in more fans.  A few fix the
problem instead of trying to get around it.

  Blocking the radiator and OC are not a an admission of a problem.  I
had a Volvo that came with a roll-up window blind device that was
controlled with a chain to the dash.  You pulled the chain to lower the
blind and block off part of the radiator.  It gets cold where they make
Volvos. (G)

  Cheers,

   CR