Re: Question about "Redline" could be off topic / Antifreeze

To: <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Question about "Redline" could be off topic / Antifreeze
From: "Bob D." <bobmgtd@insightbb.com>
Date: Mon, 26 Aug 2002 19:36:00 -0500
Last fall I checked my coolant with an old Prestone hydrometer. I was
puzzled by the poor reading, because I knew I had mixed it for maximum
freeze, 50/50. Later I happened to notice that the container listed the
maximum protection at a concentration of 70/30. Well, I'm sure the
properties of ethylene glycol and water have not changed over the years. The
manufactures of antifreeze are selling us diluted antifreeze! A trip to the
store revealed it's not just Prestone, all the brands are diluting. HOW LONG
HAS THIS BEEN GOING ON?

Bob Donahue (Still stuck in the '50s)
Email - bobmgtd@insightbb.com
52 MGTD - NEMGTR #11470