FW: Is a relay needed in a fog light installation

To: "'mgs@autox.team.net'" <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: FW: Is a relay needed in a fog light installation
From: "Dodd, Kelvin" <doddk@mossmotors.com>
Date: Tue, 24 Dec 2002 08:43:50 -0800
-----Original Message-----
From: Dodd, Kelvin
Sent: Tuesday, December 24, 2002 8:12 AM
To: 'Jim'; Chuck Renner; mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: RE: Is a relay needed in a fog light installation

If you ever see me driving down the road foaming at the mouth it's usually
because there is a late model Jaguar or Range Rover close by with rear
foglights blinding away on a clear night.

Major Pet Peeve

For years the feds wouldn't let us have front or rear fog lights because
they didn't think we could handle them.  Now we have them, there are idiots
out there proving the feds were right.

Rear foglights in particular are a life saver in thick fog or snow.  To
realize that most high end cars have come to the states equipped with these
life saving devices for years, yet they were not allowed to be connected.
SAAB, Volvo and even my venerable 80 Rover SD1 all have provision for rear
fog lights in the cluster.

If there is interest, Moss has access to the Hella rear fog light which we
are using as part of a magnetic 3rd brake light.  I'd be happy to catalog
the unit as an add on rear fog light.

        Since this seems to be peeve moment.  I'm wondering why my wife's
Nissan Pathfinder is equipped with front fog lights, but with no warning
lamp.  At night there is no indication they are on and blinding oncoming
LBCs, unless you look carefully at the lighting pattern.

oh well.

Sunny Solstice to all and sundry.

Kelvin.