Re: Is a relay needed in a fog light installation

To: "MG List" <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Is a relay needed in a fog light installation
From: Steve Morris <MGA1500@mac.com>
Date: Tue, 24 Dec 2002 15:32:28 -0500
On 12/24/02 9:18 AM, Bob D.  <bobmgtd@insightbb.com> wrote:

>I give up. How in the world is a rear fog light helpful? I can only imagine
>it helps you see what you already ran over.

I sure wished I had one this past July on our way the NAMGAR's GT27. We
were coming across the mountains on I-64 looking for some place to stop.
It had been raining most of the day, and was getting sorta dark. I'd see
cars in the MGA's rear view mirror coming up fast behind us, and at the
last seconds, either jump on their brakes, or make a rapid lane change.
They just couldn't see those two dim bulbs (the ones on the back, not the
ones in the seats.)

One of the first things I did when I got to Charlottesville, was to buy
some of Jeff Zorn's halogen bulbs for the back of the car.

We have a rear fog light on Deb's Audi, and I've followed it during a
heavy rain. It makes a huge difference in how far back you can see the
car, making for a safer following condition.

Steve

Steve Morris     Avon, Ohio
1958 MGA 1500    Red/Black
NAMGAR #5987     BuckAyes Ohio Chapter