RE: Can I ever count on having a fairly trouble-free MG???

To: <NFexec@aol.com>, <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: Can I ever count on having a fairly trouble-free MG???
From: "Lew Palmer" <lpalmer@roundaboutmanor.com>
Date: Wed, 15 Jan 2003 20:21:44 -0600
Doug,

Remember that the newest MG on these shores is now 23 years old.
Therefore, unless the previous owner replaced or restored virtually
every part on the car, it remains at least 23 years old. Any car that
age is bound to have some gremlins creeping in somewhere.

That having been said, there is no reason to believe that if you choose
your car carefully from a reputable owner, and have the car inspected
prior to purchase by a knowledgeable MG mechanic, you can't have a
pretty trouble-free experience.

Sooner or later every car will require maintenance and some repair, but
if you choose carefully, pay an honest amount of money for the right
car, maintain it properly, you can enjoy years of ownership.

Be sure, also, to join the local MG club. It not only provides you with
ready knowledge to find and purchase a car, but also is a helpful source
of experts in case you do run into a "spot of bother". Besides, I think
you will find an amazing level of social activity and friendship rarely
found with any other marque.

Regards,
Lew Palmer