Re: Steering rack fluid

To: "David Councill" <dcouncil@imt.net>, "Larry Colen"
Subject: Re: Steering rack fluid
From: "Telewest \(PH\)" <paul.hunt1@blueyonder.co.uk>
Date: Mon, 3 Mar 2003 16:51:48 -0000
Me too.  Had to change one boot on each car and both were wet with oil but
none ran out.  Refilled through the big end of the new boot (i.e. did not
disturb either the pinion or damper cover plates) and both proceeded to drip
through one or other of the cover plate seals for the next few weeks, only
stopping when presumably they were empty again.  Since I have done 30 k in
one car and 65k in the other with no drips I assume 'wet' has been enough.
Must reseal those cover plates and refill, though.