Re: Steering rack fluid

To: "Larry Colen" <lrcar@red4est.com>, "'MG List'" <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Steering rack fluid
From: "Telewest \(PH\)" <paul.hunt1@blueyonder.co.uk>
Date: Tue, 4 Mar 2003 09:21:16 -0000
Definitely not.  Some say take the top cover off and dribble it in, I find
it much easier to remove a tie from the big end of one of the gaiters and
inject it with an oil gun.  A word of warning, the gaiter hold less than the
recommended amount so periodically you should work the rack from lock to
lock slowly to distribute it, but the quantity isn't critical.