Re: Steering rack fluid

To: MG List <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Steering rack fluid
From: Max Heim <mvheim@attbi.com>
Date: Tue, 04 Mar 2003 09:31:55 -0800
Yes, you can fill through the cover plate. Unfortunately, the hole is rather
small, and since the internal tolerances are tight you really have to have
the front wheels off the ground so you can turn the steering lock to lock,
back and forth, while you're pouring.

Some people say they just loosen one of the boot clamps and squirt oil into
the rack boots, but I don't see how this gets any oil into the rack itself,
which is where it is needed.

--

Max Heim
'66 MGB GHN3L76149