Re: Front suspension rebuild options

To: "Chuck Renner" <crenner@dynalivery.com>, <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Front suspension rebuild options
From: "james" <jhn3@uakron.edu>
Date: Thu, 13 Mar 2003 02:45:10 -0500
Chuck, I have one car with v8 style bushings and one with energy suspension
polys.  I would say the difference is negligible, the polys are stiffer, but
I doubt you will really feel it in daily driving.  I'd say that one factor
is that the V8 style have to be pressed in, while the polys could be
installed with a little hand pressure.  The polys are two pieces so one half
is pushed in from each side.  Both should be toruqued at ride height, but
the polys won't twist so it shouldn't matter for them.  I think I have heard
complaints that the polys squeak sometimes but I have never run into it.
Also the energy suspension kits come with the grease that you need when
installing them.

James Nazarian
71B Tourer
71BGT V8