RE: MGB Windshield Wiper Blade Rant

To: "'Bob D.'" <bobmgtd@insightbb.com>, mgs <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: MGB Windshield Wiper Blade Rant
From: "Dodd, Kelvin" <doddk@mossmotors.com>
Date: Mon, 24 Mar 2003 08:51:45 -0800
Bob:

The wiper blades stocked for the 1969-72 MGB stocked by Moss are made by TEX
in the UK.  This is one of the original manufacturers for MG and are quite a
bit more expensive than generic or reproduction sources.

As a participant in the British Motorcar Trade Association, I am taking
note.

and your rant is quite understandable, British wiper blades have never had a
very long life.  One of the interesting things is that many British cars of
the period had ramps to keep the wipers clear of the windscreen in the park
position.  This was to prevent the wipers from sticking, or retaining a set.

Kelvin.