RE: Carburetors for MGB

To: "'Dennis Luther'" <DennisLuther@PrimHall.com>, mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: RE: Carburetors for MGB
From: "Dodd, Kelvin" <doddk@mossmotors.com>
Date: Wed, 9 Apr 2003 10:32:26 -0700
Dennis:

The MGB was homologated for FIA racing with a single Weber 45 DCOE, back in
the 60s.  I know this is not the question you were asking, but I couldn't
restrain myself from showing what a smart ^(* I can be.

A more correct answer is that the later (1975-)MGBs had a really iffy
manifold and carb setup to meet federal smog requirements. Most people who
do not have to meet smog tests tend to remove the boat anchor and replace it
with the convenient Weber DGV downdraught carb and some kind of seperate
exhaust manifold.

None were ever supplied stock with a Weber.

Kelvin.