Re: Carpet set recommendations

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Carpet set recommendations
From: Kevin Smith <ksmith40@earthlink.net>
Date: Thu, 17 Apr 2003 21:40:42 -0500
On Thursday, April 17, 2003, at 04:13  PM, Kendel McCarley wrote:

> I don't see the advantage of the molded tranny cover.  You're going to
> use a ten dollar can of upholstery glue in other places, so might as
> well spray some on the hump to put down jute under the non-molded
> carpet for the same effect.

Having fairly recently removed a carpet set where the PO used a $10.00
can of glue on the "hump", I would only advise to use glue here if you
NEVER plan to remove the carpet again or you really like hard work.
Removing glued-on foam pad crap ("jute"?, I don't know) is a major
pain--the removal and the cleanup afterwards.

Kevin Smith
''68 MGB Roadster (under restoration, pieces laying everywhere!)
'72 MGB Roadster (rust growth experiment)