Carpet set recommendations

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Carpet set recommendations
From: "Paul M." <rowman22001@yahoo.com>
Date: Thu, 17 Apr 2003 13:26:04 -0700 (PDT)
I'm getting ready to restore the interior of my 1971
MGB roadster, and wonder if anyone can offer a
recommendation on where to get different kits,
particularly carpet sets...

There's a "deluxe" carpet kit from Moss Motors for
$373.00 that looks pretty sweet.  Molded transmission
tunnel, etc.  But at that price, by the time I get all
the rest of the pieces to do the interior, the total
cost will be fairly high.

Then there is a kit from Brit-Tek that includes
EVERYTHING.  Carpet set, seat cushions and webbing,
seat upholstery, headrest covers, door panels, all
other trim panels, etc. and it's only $760.00 for the
whole shooting match.

Obviously, the Brit-Tek price is appealing but has
anyone ever used one?  I assume it does not have a
molded transmission tunnel cover.  Is this a big pain?
 Will the results obtained by a hard-working but
amateur wrench like me be significantly different with
one kit or the other?  Or is there another source that
might offer even a better price/quality compromise?

I want to save money, but not necessarily at the
expense of quality, because I want the end result to
be something I'm proud of.  Any help would be
appreciated!

Thanks,
Paul
1971 MGB Roadster