Re: Sebring valance, Part 1

To: Max Heim <mvheim@studiolimage.com>, MG List <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Sebring valance, Part 1
From: "Paul M." <rowman22001@yahoo.com>
Date: Mon, 28 Jul 2003 14:49:25 -0700 (PDT)
> The valance looks great (good job), but
> whenever I see that particular grill
> on an MGB (I believe it's 71-72), I get
> the urge to grind off the "badge bulge"
> on the front of the bonnet. It's a
> good-looking grill, don't get me
> wrong, but how could they just ignore
> that protrusion as if it didn't exist?

Yeah, I agree.  What gives with that?  I mean, they
never stuck a badge up there or anything... was it
just there to integrate more smoothly into the
original grille structure?

On a sorta related note, I am in the process of
pulling off all the chrome around (and in) the grill
area, and I was tempted to paint the center part of
the grill silver.  Has anyone ever done this?  Any
thoughts on how it might look?

And then on a totally UNRELATED note, I am wondering
what the size of the bleed nipple screws are for both
clutch and brake bleeding.  I need to pick up another
wrench this evening...

Thanks,

=====
Paul Misencik