Re: Sebring valance, Part 1

To: MG List <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Sebring valance, Part 1
From: Max Heim <mvheim@studiolimage.com>
Date: Mon, 28 Jul 2003 17:38:00 -0700
on 7/28/03 3:57 PM, Paul M. at rowman22001@yahoo.com wrote:

>> Or do you mean just the very center,
>> inside the chrome loop? I think that
>> would be a little odd. Looking at your
>> photos, I was visualizing an aluminum
>> "eggcrate" grill, a la Ferrari, minus
>> the chrome surround.
>
> No, I meant the entire height of all the vertical
> slats, because all the chrome is already gone.  But
> your mention of an aluminum eggcrate grill is a good
> one, even if it ultimately ends up being black...  Any
> idea where I might find "egg crate" metal with which
> to fabricate one?

I've seen 4 x 8 metal eggcrates as ceiling panels for fluorescent lighting.
And at the local scrap dealer (Allen Steel in Redwood City) I have run
across all kinds of meshes and grill-like structures. That's where I'd look.
Or at the late-model wrecking yard for the grilll out of a recent Chrysler.

--

Max Heim
'66 MGB GHN3L76149