Why no MGs?

To: <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Why no MGs?
From: "DON SCOTT" <rowdon@sonoma-county.org>
Date: Thu, 25 Sep 2003 10:32:47 -0700
I am starting to realize that small, no-frills sports cars are often
unpleasant to drive on US roads in the 21st century.  The traffic congestion,
aggression of other motorists, the deteriorated roadway pavement, the large
trucks and SUVs breathing down one's neck all make this so.  I live in
northern California and I remember driving my MGA on country roads and even
the freeways back in the 1960s, and it was a pleasant experience.  Now, rough
roads, being stuck in traffic when it's over 100 degrees without A/C, and
contending with aggressive drivers is too much for me!  Even a Miata with A/C
and 4-wheel disc brakes is barely suited for "modern" driving.

Don Scott
1991 Miata BRG
1962 MGA
1973 MGB GT