Re: ZS to HIF

To: "Paul Root" <proot@iaces.com>
Subject: Re: ZS to HIF
From: "MonteMorris" <mmorris@nemr.net>
Date: Wed, 15 Oct 2003 22:34:48 -0500
> 2. I rerouted the heater hose (with metal tube) downward between the
> manifold and the heat shield. Will this cause any problems, or should I
put
> it back up by the valve cover?

How much to you have hooked up? I tried to use the original (with ZS)
pipe underneath, but it got in the way. So I just used a hose. I'm
thinking about getting a pipe from a '74 or before.

REPLY TO PAUL:
I ordered a lower radiator hose for the 74, but it wouldn't fit the 79-it
was too short. So I ended up using the original 79 hose and fitted the
original 79 metal pipe into it (the 74 pipe was a smaller diameter and was
too loose of a fit into the 79 hose), twisted the radiator hose  around
until the heater "nipple" on the hose was pointed horizontal to the heat
shield and ran it right next to, and below, the heat shield. Then I used a
flexible hose to go upwards and into the heater unit.