Re: Rear Leaf Springs

To: "ronking" <ronking@sbcglobal.net>, "MG List" <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Rear Leaf Springs
From: "Telewest \(PH\)" <paul.hunt1@blueyonder.co.uk>
Date: Fri, 7 Nov 2003 10:03:14 -0000
Lots of complaints from the US over some time about too-hard springs making
it difficult to get them installed as well as too high a ride height.  I've
bought sets in the UK in the past with no problem (in fact I've had to
install longer shackles to reduce grounding when fully laden), but now we
are getting complaints here too, including with ones purporting to be to the
OE spec.  One current thread on a BBS reports a ride height of 19", it
should be 13.5" to 15.5" depending on year, as measured from the centre of
the axle to the bottom of the bright strip.

PaulH.