RE: Why nylock nuts?

To: <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: Why nylock nuts?
From: David Councill <dcouncil@imt.net>
Date: Mon, 17 Nov 2003 09:33:21 -0700
The only place I recall seeing nylock nuts on one of my MGs was on my 71BGT
on the bolts attaching the drive shaft to the rear of the transmission. And
they very well could have been put there by a previous owner. I have
followed that tradition by using nylock nuts on my drive train bolts but
have not seen or used them anywhere else on the cars I have owned.

David Councill
67 BGT
72 B