Re: Why nylock nuts?

To: GB127167@teradata-ncr.com
Subject: Re: Why nylock nuts?
From: Bob Howard <mgbob@juno.com>
Date: Tue, 18 Nov 2003 10:04:21 -0500
  According to one source, Nylon was invented in 1935 and given the handy
name of "polyhexamethylene adipamide" by a DuPont chemist named Wallace
H. Carothers.  For some reason the product was renamed Nylon, then later
called Nylon66, because the chemicals used in it had six carbon atoms.
Products went on market in 1937, as hosiery, then in 1938 as other
products.
   Was MG noted for ever adapting cutting-edge technology?  Examples? The
unit-body MGB in 1962 was recent, though not cutting-edge at that time.
Radial tires had been around for 25+ years before MG fitted them as
standard equipment.
Bob