Re: MGB Metal dash question

To: MG List <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: MGB Metal dash question
From: Max Heim <mvheim@studiolimage.com>
Date: Mon, 24 Nov 2003 19:55:05 -0800
Most people would say the "pillow" is the bastardization...

<g>

At any rate the change wasn't driven by customer demand, but by US
regulations. I doubt if anyone at the time saw it as an improvement, if not
because of the looks, then because of the tiny gauges and absence of a
glovebox. To prove my point, there are many disparaging references to it in
the contemporary periodicals.

So I would have to say I am in complete sympathy with Don on this issue. If
I had a Heritage shell I would be trying to build it as a Mark I, not a Mark
II.

--

Max Heim
'66 MGB GHN3L76149