RE: UK Scam??

To: <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: UK Scam??
From: "Larry list account" <list@marketvalue.net>
Date: Mon, 8 Dec 2003 09:40:28 -0700
Bill,

Sounds like the typical scam.  It won't hurt to get his check, but beware.

Here is how the scam works.  The check you receive will be for MORE than the
purchase price.  The remitter will indicate the check amount was in error
and request you send him reimbursement of the difference after his check
clears.  Your bank will indicate his check has cleared.  They do this on
TIME not confirmation.  The check you received from the remitter will be a
counterfeit cashiers check, and ultimately it will be returned to your bank.
If you sent the remitter the check he requested, you'll be out that money.
If you actually send him the car also, the cheat will have your money and
your car.

If you get his check, you can deposit it and wait, wait, and wait.  It will
be returned to you as a counterfeit.  You may also call the bank that the
cashiers check is drawn on to see what they say.

Good luck and beware.

Larry Hoy