Re: New rear disk brakes

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: New rear disk brakes
From: Eric <eric@erickson.on.net>
Date: Tue, 16 Mar 2004 00:12:07 +1030
Aeseeyou@aol.com wrote:

> Hey, who needs the anguish and worry that I just
> might push the brake pedal just a little too hard and my MGB would probably
>flip
> over wildly (or worse)! But, with the setup I & over 500,000 other hapless MGB
> owners have and live with (happily) at least I know I'm safe from having too
> much braking power (what ever the heck that means)

Three things:

1. I always stated that what I did was for the track - so it was never a
recommendation for a street driven 'B

2. Even I, doing stupid stuff on the track, think it would be a damn
hard ask to have my car "flip over wildly" - the run-off areas at our
track are great but if it was muddy then all bets would be off.

3. I would certainly hope that you would not be pushing as hard as I was
on the brakes from 165kmh/100mph without being in a "safe" environment -
wearing helmet and fireproof clothing - and with a proper competition
rollbar (and with the knowledge firmly in mind that you have no
insurance on the track and that "motorsport is dangerous and accidents
can and do happen".

My recommendation?  Don't do rear disks for a "standard", street driven MGB.

Now, I have to have a play and make these things work for the track!

--
Eric
'68MGB MkII

"Nothing overshadows truth so completely as authority"
ALBERTI