Re: New rear disk brakes

To: eric@erickson.on.net, mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: New rear disk brakes
From: MGBnutt@aol.com
Date: Sun, 14 Mar 2004 10:35:37 EST
Eric,
Well, sounds like you had almost TOO MUCH fun out on the race track.  So, is
there a proportioning valve installed to balance the braking force between the
front and the new rear discs?  Sounds like you've got as bit too much braking
in the rear!  I was recently looking into a rear disc conversion for my "B"
but it seemed like too much trouble (hardware, hand brake, proportioning valve,
etc...) for the limited amount of street driving I do (no racing).  Is one of
those dash mounted proportioning valves race legal?  I saw one of those on my
mechanic's rally car.  Might help you dial in the brakes under track
conditions.

Donny V
1978 MGB

In a message dated 3/14/2004 2:25:09 AM Eastern Standard Time,