Car Alarms (Was: RE: TD Cowl Mirror Screws)

To: "MG List" <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Car Alarms (Was: RE: TD Cowl Mirror Screws)
From: "David Breneman" <DAVID.BRENEMAN@dhl.com>
Date: Tue, 16 Mar 2004 09:42:01 -0800
 -----Original Message-----
 From: Bud Krueger [mailto:budkrueger@earthlink.net]

> The LED
> indicator for my alarm system had been attached to the bottom of the
> dash, where it was invisible when the tonneau cover was
> zipped up. And
> that happens to be the condition when the alarm is most apt to be
> engaged.

Wow - an alarm on a TD?  Do you live in a particularly rough neighborhood?
I'm not sure I'd want to leave such a car parked in an area where such a
precaution is necessary.

Of course, I have to admit I'm prejudiced against car alarms.  I've never
EVER heard one going off as a car is being broken into.  If a train goes
by, yes.  If a cat jumps on the hood, yes.  Parked on the car deck of a
moving ferry, yes.  If the owner forgets to disarm it, yes.  I can't imagine
that such a device would be useful in a car you can't even lock.

Just curious as to the rationale.