Re: Carb & Trans Oil Questions

To: "Kai M. Radicke" <kai@radiohead.net>, mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Carb & Trans Oil Questions
From: Rocky Frisco <rock@rocky-frisco.com>
Date: Thu, 08 Apr 2004 14:03:11 -0500
Kai M. Radicke wrote:

>>I will probably junk the HIFs and install HS4s.  The thing about the
>>SUs I like the most is their simplicity and the HS series work fine
>>and are the most basic.  Unless someone can tell me why the
>>HIFs are better (a lot of people have told me to keep the HIFs, but
>>no one has provided a good reason), I plan to switch to HS-4s.
>>Anyone - why are HIF4s better than HS4s (not including
>>emissions) ?????

My own preference is based partly on the fact that with the floatbowl centrally
located the fuel-flow characteristics don't change under hard acceleration,
braking or cornering. I also very much prefer the mixture adjustment (a screw)
to that of the HS carbs, where every time you adjust the mix, you lose the jet
centering. The HS carbs are just way too damned fiddly.

-Rock    http://www.rocky-frisco.com
--
JJ Cale Live CD and video: http://www.rocky-frisco.com/calelive.htm
The Wednesday Night Science Project: http://www.wednitesciproj.us