Re: low oil pressure

To: ramsmgb@cox.net
Subject: Re: low oil pressure
From: Bob Howard <mgbob@juno.com>
Date: Tue, 27 Apr 2004 13:41:56 -0400
Rich,
   If the gauge is correct, which you might want to confirm with another
gauge, and that you are using 20-50 oil, the pressure is low.  Consider
replacing the connecting rod big-end bearings, something that John Twist
suggests.  They wear more rapidly than the mains, but are easy to change,
and are a likely cause of low pressure.
   A set of bearings, a new sump gasket and an afternoon are needed.
Bob

On Tue, 27 Apr 2004 09:21:43 -0700 "Richard" <ramsmgb@cox.net> writes:
> Hi Listers,
>
> I took the 260 mile drive to Las Cruces, New Mexico for the British
> Car Days event last weekend in my 72 MGB with overdrive.  Traveling on
I-10