low oil pressure

To: <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: low oil pressure
From: "Richard" <ramsmgb@cox.net>
Date: Tue, 27 Apr 2004 09:21:43 -0700
Hi Listers,

I took the 260 mile drive to Las Cruces, New Mexico for the British Car Days
event last weekend in my 72 MGB with overdrive.  Traveling on I-10 at 3200
rpm, doing about 70 mph, my oil pressure averaged about 30-40.  I did get
about 50-60 when cold. This was after a fresh oil change, including a can of
Restore which I have been using for about a year.  My idle pressure was
about normal at about 20.  The car seemed to have normal acceleration and
power. The temperature was in the high 80's with low humidity. I have owned
the car for about 8 years. The odometer was at 43,000 miles when I bought
the car. I do not know if any engine work had been performed previously. My
mechanic said he thinks it is not a stock cam.

Any ideas about the oil pressure level.

Thanks,

Rich in Tucson, Az