Re: Door Mirrors for 1966 MGB

To: MG List <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Door Mirrors for 1966 MGB
From: Max Heim <mvheim@studiolimage.com>
Date: Mon, 17 May 2004 09:36:57 -0700
I think the bullet mirror is what one might term a "popular period
accessory", not original equipment. Mine is almost completely useless, as
from my seating position it is directly behind the vent window post.

I believe David is correct in stating that the passenger side mirror was
mounted forward on the "wing". I have always found this assymmetrical
arrangement somewhat quaint, but (given the placement of the bullet mirror)
I can see that a symmetrical placement of the passenger side mirror would be
ineffective.

I bought one of those Lucas style mirrors to replace the bullet, but I
haven't mounted it as I haven't figured out what to do with the holes yet.

--

Max Heim
'66 MGB GHN3L76149