Re: Door Mirrors for 1966 MGB

To: cattias@ucsc.edu
Subject: Re: Door Mirrors for 1966 MGB
From: pboldtrix@juno.com
Date: Tue, 18 May 2004 17:51:23 -0400
On Mon, 17 May 2004 17:19:42 -0700 Chris Attias <cattias@ucsc.edu>
writes:

>...... A few years ago I tried to fit a pair of the later (1969-1973)
Tex
> reproduction door mirrors to my '67 GT, but found that there was a
> curvature to the arm was made to fit a right-hand drive car.  The
> left hand mirror curved back to the point it was not adjustable to
> see what someone sitting in the driver's seat would want to see.
> --
> Chris Attias
> Felton, CA
> '64 MGB

        I did exactly the same thing to my 67 GT....a  pair of the Tex repros
from Moss.   Could not adjust either of them so that I could see
anything.   Now I'm stuck with those mounting holes in my doors.   I
finally found an original Tex for the driver's side which I can now
adjust..  I'm not worried about the originality and I don't want a mirror
on my fender, so I'm looking for an original right (passenger side) Tex
to replace that one also.  I sit tall in the seat and find rear
visibility from my interior mirror is limited, hence the desire for a
right side mirror.   Anyone have one?
Phil Bacon,   67 MGBGT
Gold Coast British Car Club, Florida

Surf the Web up to FIVE TIMES FASTER!