Re: What oil level is right?

To: MG List <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: What oil level is right?
From: Max Heim <mvheim@studiolimage.com>
Date: Wed, 02 Jun 2004 08:51:52 -0700
I think you are over-intellectualizing this a bit. The oil level doesn't
have to be accurate to the ounce -- I'm sure there is a healthy margin of
safety in the original calibration. If you've added the correct quantity
after an oil change, then you should be fine. If the oil level is checked
with the engine warm, within a few minutes of shut-off, and is between the
MIN and MAX marks, that also should be OK.

Bob, it sounds like you might not have let the engine entirely warm up,
since you didn't actually drive anywhere. But a fraction above the line
isn't going to hurt anything. Don't worry -- it will be down soon enough.
<g>

--

Max Heim
'66 MGB GHN3L76149