Re: SU float bowls flooding

To: "Paul M." <rowman22001@yahoo.com>, <ptegler@cablespeed.com>,
Subject: Re: SU float bowls flooding
From: "Larry Daniels" <ladaniels@sbcglobal.net>
Date: Sat, 10 Jul 2004 11:51:48 -0500
> At $750 you got ripped off royally!
> You can buy brand new HS4's for that price.

Yes, which is why I never want to go back to that
place again.  Believe it or not, I took the car into
the shop because I could not figure out why the car
was running slightly rich.  They are an MG specialty
shop, and I figured they would be able to get to the
bottom of it quickly.  Four days later, when I went in
to pick the car up, they had fully rebuilt both carbs
even though I had not approved that work, and they
presented me with a bill for over $1400.

=====
Paul Misencik - 1971 MGB - www.sopwithracing.com

_______________________________________

This brings up a good point.  As a large buying group of MG parts and
services, we wield a lot of power -- IF we keep each other informed of who
is a safe parts dealer or service company to deal with.  I'm not suggesting
that we use this list to settle a personal score, but, I'm sure, there isn't
a person on this list who doesn't see that Paul got ripped off.  While there
isn't much we can do about that now, we can stop this from happening to
someone else down the line.

If we had had a list of reputable and fair vs. disreputable and unfair
places already, maybe Paul wouldn't have gotten shafted so bad.  I see that
Barney listed a company on his site that he had problems with and, you can
be assured, that company will not get any of my money.  This way the good
companies are rewarded for being fair and the other SOB's will lose
business.

BTW, this can also work for unscrupulous eBay con artists, as well.

Watcha think guys?

Larry Daniels
79 MGB LE
72 Midget