Re: SU float bowls flooding

To: "Paul M." <rowman22001@yahoo.com>
Subject: Re: SU float bowls flooding
From: Paul Root <ptroot@iaces.com>
Date: Sat, 10 Jul 2004 14:03:31 -0500
Paul M. wrote:
> --- MGBnutt@aol.com wrote:
>
>>And just what shop was this?  Perhaps you can/should
>>warn the rest of us by being more specific...
>

> The shop is called "My MG Import Shop", on Statesville
> Road in Charlotte, NC.  I notice they are listed on a
> lot of the "MG Repair Shop" lists I see on the
> internet, so beware.
>
> The place is full of old MGs, although none of them
> seem to be customer cars - they seems to be cars that
> the owners have lying around (probably seized on
> mechanics liens from customers who couldn't pay the
> exorbitant charges?).
>
> This place also quoted me $2400+ to rebuild the front
> suspension on my car, as long as I supplied all the
> parts!

Definately a place to avoid. That's not a hard job. It's
just time. And if you replace all the parts, you wouldn't
spend that much.

I agree with you, you shouldn't have had to pay $750, since
you didn't approve any work. But experience is expensive. I
would have started with "I'll pay for parts", but probably
would have gotten back to about where you were.

I bought my MG to be the mechanic. If it's not running, I
drive the Mazda (which I currently trust less that the MG),
time for a new car. The MG is my daily driver for the summer.

I just paid $50 for 5 minutes work a couple weeks ago on my
wife's (soon to be my) Nissan. Check engine soon light came on
after I changed spark plugs and had one cable loose and one
plug mis-gapped. After taking it to the shop, I thought of the
nissan forum and asked the question. pull a panel, turn a screw all
the way clockwise then all the way counter-clockwise, twice. That
clears the OBD II. $50.

Paul.