Re: SU float bowls flooding

To: MG List <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: SU float bowls flooding
From: Max Heim <mvheim@studiolimage.com>
Date: Sat, 10 Jul 2004 13:45:54 -0700
You can remove the float chamber lid with the carb on the car; without even
removing the air cleaner, if you are lazy. Once you get it out you will see
how incredibly simple it is.  Either shaking it or blowing into the inlet
should tell you everything you need to know. I suppose you might as well
check the float height since you have it out.

I am sorry you got snookered by those guys. Other than rebushing the
throttle shafts, there is nothing about rebuilding SUs that you can't do
easily at home with basic tools. On the other hand, paying to get them set
up right the first time on the car could well be worthwhile.

--

Max Heim
'66 MGB GHN3L76149