RE: Oil for Overdrive Transmission

To: "James Nazarian" <jhn3@uakron.edu>, <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: Oil for Overdrive Transmission
From: David Councill <dcouncil@imt.net>
Date: Mon, 26 Jul 2004 21:48:43 -0600
Well I am an expert beings that I was once a chemist, although my specialty
was more with coal than oil. You are essentially correct in a general sense
about east versus west sulfur content although not all western oils are low
in sulfur, the stuff refined here in Montana is a higher sulfur oil but I
think a lot of it comes in from Canadian oil fields. There has been
legislation but that has always been geared more towards combustion
processes as in power plants with the sulfur dioxide combining with water
to form sulfuric acid. With the emphasis on changing oil every 3,000 miles
or six months, that will eliminate any problems with acidity in the oil.
That is more of a problem with old oil and very long stagnant periods I
would think.

David Councill
67 BGT
72 B