RE: Oil for Overdrive Transmission

To: "MG LIST" <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: Oil for Overdrive Transmission
From: "Gordie's Garage" <mg_garage@comcast.net>
Date: Fri, 30 Jul 2004 15:56:02 -0400
I've been using Mobil 1 in my MGA since '98 and it leaks no more than usual,
perhaps even less.  No leaks at all in the BGT (Mobil 1 since last Sep).
Very, very early syn wouldn't swell the gaskets like dino, but that has been
cured for a long time and you just have better lubrication in your engine
now, IMHO.

Gordie Bird
'62 MGA
'67 MGBGT

----

I'll be driving for charity in the 2004 Michigan British Reliability Run!

Info & Secure credit card donations: http://www.mibrr.com