Re: Oil for Overdrive Transmission

To: <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Oil for Overdrive Transmission
From: "James Kleemeyer" <jkk@adams.net>
Date: Fri, 30 Jul 2004 19:06:15 -0500
I just had the 1000 mile service done on my 2004 Night Train last week. I
talked to the service manager about using synthetic oil but decided to stick
with mineral oil instead since I change the oil in my bikes at 2000 mile
intervals, anyway. I did have synthetic oil put in the primary case and
transmission, though. They don't actually recommend synthetic oil in the
owner's manual, but they do push it pretty hard when you have the service
work done.

Jim K