Re: clutch bleed wierdness

To: paul.hunt1@blueyonder.co.uk
Subject: Re: clutch bleed wierdness
From: Bob Howard <mgbob@juno.com>
Date: Wed, 11 Aug 2004 09:49:25 -0400
  It is unlikely, but he wrote that the piston was stuck even when the
hose was disconnected. I agree, though, that the clutch forces are great
and would normally be expected to push the slave piston back into its
usual position.
  Changing the MC can change the position in the slave cylinder, if the
original MC was not developing full pressure, hence not pushing the slave
full distance.  He did not replace the MC because it was working right.
   I agree with you about changing everything when the MC is replaced.
It seems almost everyone who has troubles in part of the system has
changed only one component, not all.
   An uglier possibility also exists, that the clutch itself is now at
fault.
Bob

On Wed, 11 Aug 2004 13:41:44 +0100 "Paul Hunt"
<paul.hunt1@blueyonder.co.uk> writes:
> Very unlikely, IMHO.  Apart from the huge force from the clutch
> pushing the piston back, just changing the master (with or without
hose) won't
> change where in the slave cylinder the piston operates.  My vote is for
the
> aforementioned perished slave flex hose.  When I change a slave I
> always change this hose, and unless they are new when I change a master
> change the hose and the slave.
>
> PaulH.

there.

Check out the new British Cars Forum: