Question about MGA and changing ground

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Question about MGA and changing ground
From: Rocky Frisco <rock@rocky-frisco.com>
Date: Tue, 24 Aug 2004 13:12:01 -0500
I'm looking for advice on changing the MGA from positive to negative
ground.

The engine is an MG Magnette 1500.

I assume all lights and such are okay the way they are now (+ ground).

My main questions are these:

Will the starter and solenoid need to be changed?

I would like to add an alternator to replace the generator. I have
heard there is a conversion that allows the addition of a General
Motors alternator with internal voltage regulation. Any idea where to
obtain the brackets for this application and what alternator to use?
Also, what wiring changes will be necessary?

Any other changes necessary or suggested?

Thanks in advance.

http://www.theluggage.net/MGAwork01.jpg

http://www.theluggage.net/MGAwork03.jpg

-Rock    http://www.rocky-frisco.com