Re: Question about MGA and changing ground

To: Rocky Frisco <rock@rocky-frisco.com>, mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Question about MGA and changing ground
From: Barney Gaylord <barneymg@MGAguru.com>
Date: Tue, 24 Aug 2004 14:33:50 -0500

See here: http://mgaguru.com/mgtech/electric/et202.htm

>Will the starter and solenoid need to be changed?

Nope, not polarity sensitive.

>I would like to add an alternator to replace the generator.

Bosch alternator conversion by Bob Muenchausen:
http://hometown.aol.com/idbritcars/boschaltmga.html
DANG!  I just noticed this link doesn't work now.
Anyone know where Bob's web site went?

Lucas altermator conversion by Jim Morton:
http://www.britishmotoring.net/bm0304/alternator/alternator.html

Lucas alternator 5-termional to 3-terminal conversion by Rick Astley:
http://www.mgcars.org.uk/electrical/body_gen-alt.html

>I have heard there is a conversion that allows the addition of a General
>Motors alternator with internal voltage regulation.

Delco alternator coinversion (from Lucas alternator) by Larry Hoy:
http://www.mgbexperience.com/service/delco.html
or http://www.mgb.bc.ca/service/delco.html

Hope this helps,

Barney Gaylord