Re: radiator cover

To: "Paul T. Root" <ptroot@iaces.com>, Bob Donahue
Subject: Re: radiator cover
From: Barrie Robinson <barrie@look.ca>
Date: Thu, 23 Dec 2004 14:47:11 -0800
Just realised that I have not removing the lines when replying to the list
so all my pearls of wisdom have not gone out.

I drove my 1970 MGB GT through many Canadian winters.  I stuck a piece of
cardboard in front of the rad - but I wrapped it in aluminium foil (from
the pantry) - I never had to replace it.

At 09:11 AM 12/23/2004, Paul T. Root wrote:
>While my Altima warmed up to normal running temperature this morning
>driving it, my heater never got the car uncomfortably warm. Which is
>what I was going for. It was -9F driving in.
>

>Bob Donahue wrote:
>>How do modern cars regulate their temperature so well? They still have
>>mechanical thermostats. Are the new thermostats that much better? The
>>cars with digital readouts show they're holding the temperature to within
>>a couple degrees no matter how cold or hot it is.
>>    My MGB -   Above 70F, stays right on the N no matter how hot it is.
>>                         Below 70F, never makes it to N without cardboard.
>>    My TD-        Doesn't overheat, but it seems like the ambient
>> temperature (and hills) are controlling                             the
>> temperature, not the thermostat.
>>Both cars have new thermostats (TD has Moss replacement unit).

Regards
Barrie

Barrie Robinson
(705) 721-9060